Preventive Dental Care in Old Bridge, NJ
Maintaining good dental care is vital for overall health and well-being. Professional teeth cleanings and regular dental checkups at Empire Dental Group in Old Bridge, NJ play a crucial role in ensuring optimal oral health. These preventive measures help remove plaque and tartar buildup, identify early signs of oral health problems, and promote healthy teeth and gums.
Our Old Bridge dentist, Dr. Alla Pavlushkin, helps patients from Old Bridge, NJ, Middlesex County, and Central New Jersey keep their smiles clean and healthy with the variety of general and preventive dental services we offer.
Regular Cleanings and Checkups
Professional teeth cleanings performed by your dental hygienist effectively remove plaque and tartar that can accumulate even with thorough daily brushing and flossing. These stubborn deposits, if left untreated, can lead to cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues. Dental exams during these visits allow Dr. Pavlushkin to identify potential problems early, such as cavities, gum disease, or oral cancers, enabling timely intervention and treatment.
During your dental visit, we will perform:
- Teeth Cleanings: Your dental hygienist will use specialized tools to carefully remove plaque and tartar from teeth surfaces, including those hard-to-reach areas.
- Dental Exams: Dr. Pavlushkin will perform a thorough examination to assess the overall health of your teeth, gums, and mouth. Early detection of any issues is crucial for effective treatment.
- X-rays: Recommended once a year, X-rays help identify underlying issues that may not be visible during a visual examination.
Maintaining a Healthy Diet for Oral Health
A balanced diet plays a significant role in promoting good oral health. Consuming fiber-rich fruits and vegetables helps clean teeth and gums by stimulating saliva production and minimizing plaque buildup. Dairy products like cheese, milk, and plain yogurt are beneficial due to their ability to increase saliva flow, which neutralizes acids and helps prevent tooth decay.
Foods to Avoid
- Sugary Drinks: High-sugar beverages like soda, fruit juices, sports drinks, and energy drinks contribute to tooth decay.
- Hard and Chewy Candies: These can stick to teeth and promote cavity formation.
- Coffee: Coffee can stain teeth over time.
- Pickled Foods: The acidity in pickled foods can erode tooth enamel.
- Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can reduce saliva production, leading to dry mouth and increased plaque accumulation.
- Chewing Ice: Chewing ice can result in dental damage.
Preventing Cavities and Gum Disease at Home
To prevent cavities and gum disease, maintain a consistent oral hygiene routine:
- Brush teeth and gums twice daily using fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque.
- Floss daily to clean between teeth and remove trapped food particles.
- Limit sugary foods and drinks.
- Visit Empire Dental Group every six months for professional cleanings and checkups.
Our Unique Approach to Preventive Dentistry
At Empire Dental Group, we are committed to providing personalized care. Our dental hygienists are highly trained professionals equipped with specialized tools designed for effective plaque and tartar removal. Each cleaning is tailored to your specific needs, ensuring a comprehensive and customized approach to your oral health. We understand that everyone's oral health is unique, and our goal is to provide the highest level of care to help you maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for years to come.